Canada Immigration

/Canada Immigration
Canada Immigration 2021-07-12T22:17:22+00:00

International Student Visa and PR Stream

A study permit required for foreign nationals in order to study in Canada, unless for Short-term courses of six months or less.  Family members accompanying a foreign representative or the armed forces are also exempted. 

To be eligible for study permit, applicant must

    • Provide an acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution
    • Have the intention to leave Canada at the end of study
  • Have enough money for the duration of stay in Canada to pay for: tuition fees, living expenses, and transportation costs

Students can work on campus or off campus during their study. They are also may do co-internship. After Graduation Work Permit (without job offer), and a PR through Express Entry are also available to international students.

Spouse Open Work Permit

International Student’s spouse or common-law partner may apply for an open work permit which is valid for the same period of time as the study permit if they:

    • are a full-time student at a public post-secondary school, such as a college or university, or CEGEP in Quebec private college-level school in Quebec or Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under the provincial law (for example, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree) and
  • have a valid study permit.
  • Express Entry for All Federal & PNP Skilled Based Immigrants

How to become a candidate in the Express Entry pool as a skilled immigrant under Federal Skilled Workers (FSW), Federal Skilled Trade (FST), Provincial Nominees Programs (PNP), and Canadian Experience Class (CEC):

Key factors:

    • There is no minimum points pass mark, but the applicant must meet the minimum requirement under one of 4 categories, the applicant also required a job offer from a qualified Canadian Employer with a positive LMIA.
    • Candidate can apply for PNP and Express Entry at the same time
    • Work permit holder of NOC O, A, B can apply for Express Entry if they have an LMIA, so dual Intent is allowed.
    • The employer must apply for an LMIA, but there is no fee.
    • Applicant must be admissible, and Police Certificate valid for 3 months only.
  • Maximum Points score to apply for a PR is 1200, but candidates with the highest scores and those nominated by the employers and province are eligible to be invited to apply for PR through an ITA.

Federal Skilled Workers

Passing mark is 67 and following items are required:

    1. Language Proficiency CLB7
    1. Educational Credential Assessment by CES, ICASC, WES, and some regulatory agencies.
    1. One year work experience under NOC O, A, B
    1. Proof of funds for self-support.
  1. Job offer

Federal Skilled Trade:

Following items are required:

    1. Language Proficiency CLB 5
    1. Two years’ work experience in one of the eligible skilled trade (listed by CIC)
  1. Having a job offer or a Certificate of Qualification in that skilled trade

Canadian Experience Class

Following items are required:

    1. 12 months of full-time work experience under NOC O, A, B within last 3 years.
    1. Work experience must be gained under authorization and not during study
  1. Language proficiency CLB 5 or 7

Quebec-selected skilled workers:

Quebec has two different point based streams for skilled workers:

  1. Regular Stream, which is available to those who can meet the following cut-off requirements:
  2. Education of at least high school graduate
  3. Work experience of at least 6 months
  4. Valid job offer
  5. Financial self-support

International Students Stream, which is available to Quebec student while they are holding a CAQ and Study permit, and studied minimum half of the program at a college or a university in the province of Quebec. This program is different from Quebec Experience Program (PEQ) which is also available to the graduate student (and temporary workers) in Quebec. 

Live in Caregivers and PR Streams

Since November 30, 2014, if the applicant has not worked in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program and Labour Market Impact Assessment application was issued by Service Canada after this date, the applicant must apply for a regular work permit.

Applicant must meet certain requirements to be eligible for the Live-in Caregiver Program in Canada:

    • A positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from an employer in Canada
    • A written contract with your future employer, signed by you and the employer
    • Successful completion of the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school education
    • At least six months’ training or at least one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation (including six months with one employer) in the past three years
    • Good knowledge of English or French
  • A work permit before you enter Canada

The work you do on a live-out basis may count towards the work requirement in order to apply for PR through either the Caring for Children or Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathway.

To be eligible under the Caring for Children pathway, applicant:

    • Must have work experience under the definition in the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) Group 4411 for at least 24 months of full-time work experience in Canada as a home child care provider in the four years. Children must be under the age of 18.
    • Applicant does not need to have lived in your employer’s home to be qualified.
    • Applicant must meet the minimum language levels of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5
  • Education: a completed Canadian or international post-secondary education credential of at least one year

To be eligible for the Caring for People with High Medical needs pathway:

  • Must have at least 24 months of full-time work experience in Canada in the four years (48 months) in one of the following jobs listed in NOC:
    • Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012)
    • Licensed practical nurses (NOC 3233)
    • Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413)
  • Home support workers and related occupations (NOC 4412). Housekeepers are not eligible.
    • Must meet minimum language levels for the job, CLB 7 for a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse, NOC 3012, and CLB 5 for NOC 3233, 3413 or 4412.
  • Must have a completed Canadian or international post-secondary education credential of at least one year.

7 Pleasant Blvd.,
Toronto, Ontario, M4T 1K2 Canada
Toll Free: +1 437 970 9040


We’re here to help answer your questions.
our experts are on hand to help inform you of every aspect regarding your topic.

Apply Now

Contact Info

4750 Yonge St, Toronto, Ontario, M2N 5M6 Canada

Phone: 1.800.458.556 / 1.800.532.2112

Mobile: +1 647 402 7774

Fax: +1 888 831 7913